Friday, August 15, 2008

School is starting again, and other stuff.

Today was the day the younger two got to meet their teachers. Meaning, I got to meet their teachers. They both seem really nice. I am hoping the kids get along well with them.

I met MY new teacher today too. She is just out of college and has never worked with Autism kids before. She seems really nice and sweet. She also seems like she is really trying to learn about Autism. I also found out that I would not be working with the woman that was abusive to the kids last year. Whew! I'm so thankful for that. I am now in a better mood about returning to school. YAY!

Yesterday I quit as a Mod on the board I've been a part of for a long time (8 yrs). I feel it was the best thing to do. I wish that things could be different but, they're not. So, I am not going to be an active part of that board anymore. Cliques aren't my thing, too bad it's not handled over there. Oh well. Seems the trolls are coming out of hiding now that the big bad bitch is gone. LOL. Truly pathetic that some people need the approval from people they've never met. It's sad that people buy into the bull of some of those women. What's really sad is that people go there and lie about their "perfect" lives. Or what's worse, lie about their lives being harder than they are, I call that the Cinderella syndrome.

Enough of that. Brings me down. I'm done. I've had some great supportive emails (and a phone call) from some of the women that I will keep in touch with. That has made me really happy. I knew when the chips were down, there were some that were really friends in spirit and not just in words.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi Rachel!
I'm sorry you left the board. I'm kind of gone from there too though no one seems to have noticed. I hope it's OK if I keep tabs on you and yours through your blog. ((hugs)) FWIW I always found your honesty refreshing and you were often able to articulate what I was thinking but unable to type.
~Jenn