Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Juanito the artist

Juanito won an award county wide this week. The trophy is a foot and a half tall and reaches his waist. LOL. His face when he was awarded this trophy was amazing. He was called to the ITV room where the daily announcements are broadcast though CCTV into all the classes. Since I work at the school I got to see his face. He was STUNNED and so very happy. I cried. It was truly a gift to be able to see him get the award. He went up against over 1500 kindergarteners and got second place!

I found out about it yesterday and had the hardest time not telling him. After school he walked to me and he was just smiling his face off. It was so great. Looks like we have another artist on our hands.

His drawing was of a train full of animals. I will get a pic loaded up as soon as he brings the art home. I was talking with his teacher and I was saying how proud of him I was. She told me that I had to share him now, that he belonged to her too. She is so sweet. She really adores him.

:) This move is really shaping up to be the best thing that has happened to our family in a LONG time!

No comments: