Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Busy weekend

It all started Friday. I went to school for half the day, left early to drive to Pensacola (far). It's only about 120 miles but it takes three hours because Floridians are idiots that don't know the meaning of highways. Thunder Beach was going on as well, so it took even longer than usual because it was biker heaven. Thunder Beach is when all kinds of bikers come to Panama City Beach to hang out and party. Not so fun for people that live around here, excellent for store owners. I went to Pensacola to pick up my sister. YAY.

I haven't seen my sister in over two years. It was great to see her, it truly was. It was a short but sweet visit. She got to be here for Alyssia's First Communion and Elizabeth's 16th Birthday. I HAVE A 16 YR OLD!?!?!?!? So she was here for a few great days.

Saturday morning I had to get up early and go pick up onions. Our band sold onions as a fundraiser, they are phenom onions, truly. But getting up at 5 am for onions is not my idea of a great morning. Sigh. It's especially gruesome when you have to wait for rude people to show up because they don't know the meaning of being on time. grumble. After we got home (yes, I made Elizabeth go with, it's her dang band!) We took naps. Saturday was pretty lazy, except for me doing laundry all day. :P

Sunday was busy, it was Elizabeth's 16th (party to follow in a few weeks) and Alyssia had her First Communion. The face she made after tasting the wine was truly priceless!! Bleh. LOL. A good friend (I just met a few months ago but we click, ya know??) came to celebrate with us too. I think she just came for the cake though. ;) Then we went to eat lunch at the Gyro Cafe, yummo! We got home and lazed around.

Monday I put the younger two on the bus along with lots of grumbles. My sister was sleeping but heard Juanito complain about having to ride the bus. She laughed when I said, "Yes, your life is so terrible because you have to ride the bus for the second time this school year" ah, the horrors of youth. So I took her back to Pensacola to catch her flight home. $150 in gas this weekend. YIKES!

So, things have calmed a bit. Tonight we took Elizabeth to an award ceremony. She is one of 34 10th graders who made 4.0 in the first three quarters of the school year. Pretty amazing since there are over 500 students in the 10th grade.

That's my update. :)

No comments: