Thursday, November 30, 2006

Geez

I'm truly surprised that people actually read this drivel. LOL.

So, this last month has seen a bit of action. Thanksgiving was kind of low key. Usually we have single Airmen over to the house to celebrate with us. Since we've moved recently, we didn't know any single Airmen that we could invite. Since Jose's squadron is small and mainly civilian, there was nobody that fit that category. It was sad. I guess in a way it was a blessing since I've been sick for going on three weeks. Thank you Elizabeth! :P

This cold I've had is going strong. I swear I have no drive to do anything but lay around and be miserable. E had it for a month, I hear that's about the average for this nasty ass-kicking bug. I'm congested and it doesn't want to come out of my nose. It drains down the back of my throat till I'm gagging. Then since it's so thick, it has to be hacked out along with half my lung.

Oh, and joy of all joys. Since I have given birth four times, my body can no longer hold my bladder and cough deeply. Yay, I've become incontinent. I thought that was something that I'd get to look forward to in my 60's and 70's. Nope, lucky me.

My birthday was Sunday. It was a really, really good day, save the cold of course. >:[ Jose and the kids really went out of their way to make it special. I got to sleep in till 11 (but then again so did Jose and the older kids). I got a Starbucks coffee grinder, a bag of beans (also from Starbucks) some of my favorite yummy lotion, and Zoo Tycoon (all three), my Sister got me a $40 gift card to Bath and Body which is being saved for the after Christmas sale ;). My Mom sent me a ginormous jewelry chest, which is strange, I don't own much jewelry. She is such a HSN addict. Sigh. So, it was a wonderful day. The only blemish was the laundry that needed to be done that day. Sigh.

Don't you ever wish that you could just step out of your life for a day? I mean, I LOVE my kids, my husband (most of the time) but...............having that certain freedom to do as you please and not answer to anyone is sometimes so tempting.

Anyway, I didn't mention that my Dad forgot my birthday. It was kind of strange, I think he's getting old. LOL. I mean, I know he has been forgetting things lately, but this was strange. I didn't say anything to him because he already does so much for us. I finally told him on Tuesday that he forgot. He felt like shit. Which is why I didn't want to tell him but Jose told me that Dad would have felt so much worse had I not told him at all and he finally remembered himself. So now Dad is beating himself up. :(

Christmas is coming and money is more than tight, which sucks. Ah, the joys of Military life. :P We're doing the best we can. Hopefully the little ones won't realize that they have less this year. Once again Dad stepped in to save the day. He sent money for the kids presents. What a great Grandpa.

So, that's about it for now. I've been lazy. Mea culpa.

No comments: