Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I've come to some realizations

I don't like to clean, so I rarely do it.

I don't like the sound of my children's high pitched screams, but love the sound of their giggles and belly laughs.

I don't like the fighting that ensues the MINUTE they are together, but the minute I'm ready to punish them, they band together to protect the innocent and guilty.

Maybe I should have had just one, nah.

I dislike this time of year because last night I had to sit through an excrusiating 2.5 hour Band/Chorus Christmas Concert for 6,7,8th graders. The Band director was an embarassment. He has no control over those kids. Seriously, the kids were getting up during the concert to use the restroom. WTH??? This is why Band/Music should be a requirement for ALL children through 8th grade.

I love this time of year because you see more people in generous giving moods. Some of them anyway. I don't get the grumpiness some people have.

I dislike the attitude my 14 year old has most of the time. I LOVE how she is a giving person to others (mostly outside of the family, sigh). We're working on it.

I dislike that I don't get as much time with Jose as I'd like. I love it when we can sneak away and go out for wings and beer, or just out for time together, doing nothing.

I dislike that I got him to try Mocha Frapps and now he MUST have them every time I want one. :P I love that now I don't have to feel guilty when I bring it up about getting one. He brings it up a lot too. LOL

I dislike working because I'd rather be home. I love being at the school, seeing my younger two throughout the day. I love making a difference in some kids lives by helping, by caring, by being there for them.

I hate AF. There is no good side to that. My baby making days are over, AF can take a one way hike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Air Force...LOL!