Friday, July 21, 2006

Moving very soon!

Well Jose scheduled the movers. They are coming next week. Thursday to pack, Friday to take all of our stuff away. I called and scheduled the phone/internet to be turned off on Thursday, same with DirectTV. Wow, it all seems like it just kind of snowballed.

When we move usually from overseas, we have tons of time. The movers come and pack us out and take it all away two months before we leave, we have six months notice that we would return stateside. Now, it's crazy. We are going to move 1000 miles away and we should have our stuff within a week or so.

I'm hoping we get there pretty quickly since school starts for the kids on the 2nd. I know we won't make that though. Not with Jose's final out on the 1st. Just not possible.

I'm having a hard time with not being so close to my Dad. He is having a hard time too. We have been getting ready to face it, but now that it's staring at us, within a week even, it's hard to come to terms with not seeing him whenever we want to. Sigh

I'm going to miss seeing him. We have bonded so much more since we moved here. Dad has gotten to see the kids grow over the last five years. He has gotten to see their unique personalities, etc. Now, we are going to be far away again. Even though we are still in the US, we might as well be overseas.

I'm torn. We hate this place, but I love being close to Dad. I'm so excited about going to Florida, living in such a beautiful place, the new surroundings, etc. I'm heartsick about not being within two hours of my Dad. What if he gets sick again? What if the Diabetes acts up? What if he has another heart attack?

I just have all of this running through my head. Sigh.

No comments: