Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

We celebrated yesterday because Jose is off to Little Rock for six days. A military thing, shh, don't ask. If I told you why he's there, I'd have to kill you and I don't have enough air miles. :P

I was really thrilled with my Mother's Day. We had a great day. I got a few things I really wanted, a few things I didn't know I wanted till I had, and a great meal at the Hibachi. Mmm. The kids love days we celebrate me. LOL. They get to eat out on those days.

I had to get up and take Jose to the airport (if you can call it that) and he said to me, "What a great Mother's Day, you get to drive me to the airport." It made me sad because my Mother's Day was yesterday and he felt that he had somehow done something wrong by leaving today. I love that man.

I haven't called my Mother yet. I dread it. When I talk to her I feel that I have to entertain her. Keep her laughing so I don't have to hear how "sad and lonely" she is. Self inflicted lonliness should not count. PERIOD. I don't want to hear that her life is shit. I'm sorry, it's hard enough to keep myself floating above depression without hearing about hers and being backhandedly blamed for it.

So HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY world. Ha ha. My life is a comedy.

No comments: